Insurance and Payment info
Miller Counseling & Associates, Inc. is a provider for BCBS PPO, BCBS Choice, Aetna PPO, Medicare, Humana PPO, EPO, and HMO. Please call for information about other insurance carriers.
Not all insurance plans are the same and it is important for you to check your benefits prior to your first appointment. As a healthcare consumer, knowing exactly what your insurance plan covers or does not cover, is important information for you to have. A thorough understanding of your benefits can go a long way toward preventing unexpected financial surprises(*). We encourage all of our clients to research the details of your eligibility and coverage limits with your insurance carrier. We will provide the paperwork required to obtain reimbursement from your insurer upon request. If, for any reason you are not planning to use insurance, we offer self pay discounts. Additionally, some out of network providers have comparable out of network benefits, offer single case agreements to see a particular therapist, or may reimburse the patient directly for a portion of the cost of therapy.
(*)See Insurance Coverage Bulletin in the patient registration packet on the Forms page.
Some questions to ask your insurance carrier:
- What is my coverage for seeing an in-network or out-of-network provider?
- What percentage of the provider's fee does my plan cover, and what portion must I cover?
- Do I have a deductible that needs to be met?
- Do I have a co-payment, or co-insurance amount due at each session?
- What is my total out of pocket expense?
- Do I need an authorization or a pre-certification number before I set an appointment with my therapist?
- Am I, or those covered under my plan, limited in the number of sessions we can see a therapist?
- Does my plan cover individual, relationship/marital and/or family counseling?